Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefiting partner Connecticut Community Foundation (the Foundation) requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by the Foundation and the roles and responsibilities of all nonprofit participants.
event is open to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
A. The organization is located or provides services in Connecticut Community Foundation’s 21-town service area or follows the outof area application process.
B. The organization has 501(c)(3) nonprofit status and is in good standing with the IRS and will supply the EIN number for verification.
C. The organization is licensed to conduct fundraising in the state of Connecticut. The Foundation will confirm all nonprofit licensing credentials via the State of Connecticut’s e-licensing website.
D. Organizations and programs operated with religious intent, mission and purpose are eligible to participate in Give Local providing that: 100% of the funds generated are used for non-religious programs, services and activities; and the organization allows individuals to benefit from the specified program, service or activity without discrimination on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status.
- I confirm that my organization is located in and/or provides services in one or more of the 21 towns that Connecticut Community Foundation serves and that all donations will be used within this service area. I understand that if my organization provides services in but does not have a physical address in the Foundation’s geographical territory and has not been approved to participate in prior Give Local campaigns, my organization must complete and submit the Application for Eligibility by 4 p.m. on March 13, 2019. I understand that a committee will review the Application for Eligibility and that I will be informed of eligibility to participate in Give Local by March 20, 2019.
- I confirm that my organization will receive a percentage of bonus funds on the first $50,000 that it raises via Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills. The amount received will be proportional to each organization’s percentage of the total funds raised during the event, up to the $50,000 raised funds limit.
- I agree to be listed on the Give Local website. I understand that the Foundation has final approval for all submitted information and reserves the right to make changes to the organization’s profile after consultation with the organization. I recognize that the Foundation does not make any explicit or implicit representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained in my organization’s profile. I understand that submitting a profile on the Give Local website does not constitute any assurance of funding through Give Local or the Foundation.
- I agree that the Foundation may collect, process, and receipt donations from the public on my organization’s behalf. I understand that transaction fees on all gifts will include a 2.0% service charge (capped at $20 per transaction) from GiveGab and 2.2% credit card processing charge, plus $0.30 per transaction. I understand that donors will also be able to make donations via ACH transfer from their bank account and each ACH transaction will be assessed a $0.50 fee. Donors will have the ability to cover all fees outlined above. I understand that my organization will receive a check for donations (less the transaction fees identified above), plus bonus funds and any prize money from the Foundation in early June, 2019.
- I acknowledge that the Foundation will send each donor a gift receipt via email, including tax deductibility language; my organization will not re-send tax deductibility information. I understand that the Foundation does not benefit financially from any gifts made to my organization. My organization will have access to its donors’ data, including gift amounts and contact information, unless the donor has requested anonymity. I acknowledge that the Foundation will retain my organization’s donor information and may utilize it to further the general charitable and philanthropic purposes of the Foundation.
- I agree to use the Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills logo and promotional messages provided by Connecticut Community Foundation only for the purpose of the on-line Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills campaign.
- My organization, for itself and its successors and assignees, hereby agrees to indemnify and holds harmless Connecticut Community Foundation, the Give Local program, its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, and their heirs, successors, and assignees, jointly and severally, from any claims for any loss, injury, liability, action, cost, expense, or damage, including but not limited to attorneys' fees, arising out of or relating to participating in Give Local, including but not limited to any alleged non-performance or negligence of Connecticut Community Foundation. This disclaimer extends, applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated, and unsuspected loss, injury, liability, action and cost.
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.