Skip to main content
Terms of Service
Organizations choosing to participate Give Local must agree to the following:
- GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event. As the administrator of my organization's profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to authorize and/or revoke administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data. I understand that GiveGab or Connecticut Community Foundation (“Foundation”) will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users have appropriate permissions.
- My organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity with an IRS letter of determination, is in good standing with the IRS, and has a valid Connecticut state license for charitable solicitation.
- My organization is located in and/or provides services in one or more of the 21 towns that the Foundation serves. I understand that if my organization provides services in, but does not have a physical address in, the Foundation’s geographical area and is participating in Give Local for the first time, my organization must submit the online Application for Eligibility.
- My organization will use Give Local funding to benefit the community without discriminating on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status. I understand that if my organization operates with religious intent, I must complete the Application for Religious Organizations.
- My organization will receive bonus funds based on the number of donors my organization secures during Give Local 2022. I understand that there will be separate bonus pools for organizations meeting certain criteria (see question 8) and that nonprofits will receive different bonus amounts per donor depending on these criteria.
- I agree to list my organization on the Give Local website and to submit accurate information for a nonprofit profile no later than 4 p.m. on April 8, 2022. I understand that the Foundation has final approval for all submitted information and reserves the right to make changes to the organization’s profile after consultation with the organization. I recognize that the Foundation does not make any explicit or implicit representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained in my organization’s profile. I understand that submitting a profile on the Give Local website does not constitute any assurance of funding through Give Local, GiveGab or the Foundation.
- The Foundation will collect, process, and receipt donations from the public on the organization’s behalf. Transaction fees on all gifts will include a 2.0% service charge from GiveGab and a 2.5% credit card processing charge, plus $0.30 per transaction. Donors will also be able to make donations over $100 via ACH transfer from their bank accounts; each ACH transaction will be assessed a $3 fee and a 2% GiveGab service charge. Donors will have the option to cover all fees outlined above. Organizations will receive a check or ACH direct deposit for donations (less the transaction fees identified above), plus bonus funds and any Give Local prize money from the Foundation in May, 2022. Occasionally, a donor will make a gift in error and request a refund. If a refund is requested after the Foundation disburses funds to individual nonprofits, they will be handled on a case by case basis with the nonprofit recipient(s).
- The Foundation will send each donor a gift receipt via email, including tax deductibility language; my organization will not re-send this information. Organization administrators will have access to the list of donors with contact information and are encouraged to acknowledge donors’ gifts. Donors requesting anonymity will be respected. That Foundation will retain my organization’s donor information and may utilize it to further their general charitable and philanthropic purposes. The Foundation does not benefit financially from any gifts made to my organization through Give Local.
- The Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills logo and promotional materials provided by the Foundation and GiveGab are to be used only for the purposes related to the on-line Give Local Greater Waterbury and Litchfield Hills campaign.
- Liability disclaimer - My organization, for itself and its successors and assignees, hereby agrees to indemnify and holds harmless Connecticut Community Foundation, the Give Local program, its affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, and their heirs, successors, and assignees, jointly and severally, from any claims for any loss, injury, liability, action, cost, expense, or damage, including but not limited to attorneys' fees, arising out of or relating to participating in Give Local, including but not limited to any alleged non-performance or negligence of Connecticut Community Foundation. This disclaimer extends, applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated, and unsuspected loss, injury, liability, action and cost.